The legislation providing for the FIT test of D.P.I. places a particular accent to the needsergonomic AndmorphologicalUser. It is not only important that effectively carry out the function for which they are used but that they make it efficiently in full respect of the physical characteristics of the person with the aim of protecting to the maximum and avoid situations of lack of comfort.
Each person is different for physical characteristics, the Fit Test has the precise purpose of evaluating their peculiarities in an objective and technically documentable way.
When do you run the Fit Test?
The Fit Test must be performed in one or more of these phases:
1. Selection of D.P.I. Depending on the risk agent and the work environment
2. At the change of the model or brand
3. In the field of health check
4. After physiological or anatomical changes of the person, for example in the event of an important body weight change
5. When the legislation varies.
What is the Fit Test?
The Fit Test serves for the validation of D.P.I. In relation to the individual worker.
They are distinguished in the following categories of D.P.I.
In particular what happens?
Through the particular devices created for the purpose and certified by the international legislation, according to the category, objective tests are carried out, therefore measurable, and personal, therefore valid on the person on which they are carried out.
In the respirators the filter efficiency checks are carried out through tests that use essences in a protected environment. Furthermore, the seal occurs, to prevent insufficient adherence to the face let the polluted air pass and finally, an important element, the conformity To the needs of the person, ie compliance observance to the need to overline wear.
On a purely and not exhaustive information, we report in the scheme the main ways of tests relating to semi-mask respirators and full facial:
D.P.I. Speakers suffer from lower performance than the declared due to:
- Morphology of the peculiar anatomy of the person
- Wearability: D.P.I. Create discomfort in use
- Use capacity: D.P.I. It is not worn properly
The validation of the estate consists of 6 steps that constitute the methods of selection of D.P.I.
1. Selection of a glance according to risk and the environment
2. Ergonomics control according to the peculiarities of the operator
3. Validation of the seal (visual field, adherence and coverage)
4. Training of the operator for proper use
5. Ergonomics control for individual verification
6. Recording of data relating to the fit test
By way of example and non-exhaustive glasses must cover all soft tissues and spaces between the contour of D.P.I. And the face must not exceed 6-8mm verified on 12 points pre-established by the legislation.
The advantages relating to fit tests can be summarized in the following diagram, the result of a study carried out from 1984 to 1996, on the performance of the breath on workers who were checked with respect to those, which, although using D.P.I. , have not been subjected to the fit test
The responsibility for the fit test is charged to the employer, while wearability tests are borne by the worker.
The 3M provides accredited technicians to carry out the necessary fit equipment.
To get more information you can contact us in one of the following ways:
- Whatsapp 348 6018421
- Phone 0431 621270
- Email: email@example.com
UNI 11719 national standard
ISO 16975-3 for the accreditation of technicians responsible for carrying out tests
CE EN 89/89 / 656Cee